The Mission Inn is a historic landmark hotel in downtown Riverside and considered the largest mission revival style building in the United States. The property began in 1876 as a small cottage hotel called the Glenwood Hotel, built by civil engineer Christopher Columbus Miller. In 1902 Miller’s son Frank Augustus Miller changed the name to the “Mission Inn” and started building in a variety of styles, from Spanish Gothic, Mission Revival, Moorish Revival, Spanish Colonial Revival, Renaissance Revival and Mediterranean Revival. With one section over another, addition upon addition, the result is a complicated and intricately built structure. It contains narrow passageways, exterior arcades, medieval-style clock, five-story rotunda, numerous patios, windows, castle tower, Mediterranean domes and a pedestrian skybridge among many other features.