The George Washington Faulkner House, also known as Faulkner House and Faulkner Farm, was built in 1894 in a Queen Anne Style home. George Washington Faulker, Wife Roda and three children purchased the 150 acre property in 1879. George Washington Faulkner was a pioneer in the development of agriculture in Ventura County, was first to raise apricots and soft shelled walnuts. In 1901 Faulkner and Jefferson Crane invented a time saving machine for the washing, treating, and drying of walnuts. He also raised lima beans, was on the board of People’s Lumber Company, Cooperative Store and Farmer’s Canal and Irrigation Company.